a g Jason's Jargon: Buzz Conference 06

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Buzz Conference 06


What an amazing conference for creativity and resources!!! I was reminded of several things that need to take place in order to become a creative leader. First, I just need to be me. I am not Ed Young, Mark Batterson, Joel Osteen or any other person. I am who I am, and for what that's worth I need to use the creative juices that the Lord has given me and become the best leader that I can possibly be. Second, I think it's cool to go to a conference where you can learn new methods to bring back to your field of labor.

One of the amazing things that took place at this conference was watching leaders in action. I thought the staff at the Buzz Conference were totally helpful and generous. It was amazing how each person was an individual, but yet, continually shared the vision with their lead pastor. I give Tally Wilgis the reward for the question of the conference. His question was (Paraphrased) : "There are many Lead or Sr. Pastors at this conference, What is it about Mark Batterson leadership that causes you to follow him and the vision of NCC?" The staff's responded with these comments: His passion (he wears his heart on his sleeve), flexibility, belief in his people, words of encouragement and affirmation, ideas, creativity, uniqueness, vision, empowerment of people, commitment to his family, his belief that you should work hard and play hard, have fun and the ability to give the staff raises.

Overall, I thought the Buzz Conference was good for me and my staff.

2 Comments:

At 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Sheff said...

Thanks for reading. I hope you will continue to find information on this site that will be helpful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home