a g Jason's Jargon: Hangn' Out with a Fellow Church Planter

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Hangn' Out with a Fellow Church Planter

Bright and early this morning I made my way to Washington, Pennsylvania to meet with Pastor Scott Bates, Mercer, PA. We hung out most of the morning at Panera Bread discussing Chapter 2 and 3 of the Church Planter's Toolkit. He is such a great guy. I truly enjoyed getting to know him better. Scott and his family moved to Mercer, PA from Prattsville, AR about four months ago and are getting accustomed to the Western Pennsylvania area.

My first thought: "This guy looks just like Rob Schneider."

My second thought: "You can DO IT, all night long." (Waterboy)

Ok, for those of you who are reading my blog, you maybe thinking, "I can't believe he said that." But, before you said that, you probably laughed. It's a funny scene in the movie.

After our meeting, we had a wonderful meal at Ponderosa Steakhouse. I am glad that my wife and kids were able to make the journey with me. While we met at Panera, they were shopping. I sure hope they had a good time.

After rushing around Washington, we made haste to Morgantown for our Tuesday evening HomeTeam Fellowship. You might know it, we were late. We arrived 15 minutes after 6. I can't stand being late, but it seems to follow me everywhere I go. Thank the Lord for Sunday morning set up at the Theatre, or I might even be late for services (I doubt it very seriously). We had a good time of fellowship tonight at the Butcher's. We watched Steve Saint's story about a tribe of Indians called the Aucas. To know more check out this site. http://http://www.beyondthegatesthemovie.com/ What an amazing story!!!

2 Comments:

At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

 
At 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home