a g Jason's Jargon: Can It Get Any Crazier?

Monday, October 23, 2006

Can It Get Any Crazier?

I've had car troubles. I've had difficulties gathering my thoughts for a revival effort in South Haven, Michigan. And, my wife, my daughter, and my son have all been sick with viral infections.

Last night after traveling to Inwood, WV with Adam, Manny, Dan and Kevin I arrived home to a sick little boy (Josiah). He had been vomiting since 7:00 p.m., and when I came into his room he began regurgitating blood. Woe...what a scare! Now, there wasn't puddles of blood, but it was enough to make Kristie and me a tad bit frightened. We immediately called the Dr. and he informed us to bring him to the hospital.

After an IV, x-rays, and several thorough examinations, Josiah is back home. We praise God for His watch care over our little fella. He and Jaden mean the world to us. We are grateful for all of the calls, prayers, and visits which were made on behalf of our little man. God Bless you.

One thing I am learning from this situation is to always trust God. I have been preaching through the book of Habakkuk. Habakkuk 2:4 is the theme verse for the entire book of Habakkuk. God said in v4 "Behold the proud, His soul is not upright in him; But the just shall live by his faith."

Most of my steps to the car this morning (1:00 a.m.) were, "God, I trust you. God, I trust you." Over and over I would repeat this simple little phrase, but the fact is, deep down inside I was feeling a little bit like Habakkuk. I was thinking..."This is not fair." I couldn't bare the thought of something happening to my little guy. I know that God's grace is sufficient, even in times of troubles...and this morning, his grace was sufficient.

God, I trust you! Thank you for your loving kindness, and your watch care over Josiah. Please help me to ALWAYS trust you.

5 Comments:

At 9:51 PM, Blogger Tim said...

I know I have struggled with that this past year, not becuase my kids have been sick and other stuff. But just lifes trials GOd me down. I love you Brother

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Kevin Higgins said...

I feel your pain man! How long's it been since you heard that tired old phrase? :)

Hang in there brother - good stuff grows in the valley.

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger yohoster said...

yes it can get crazier. praise God, cuz you know that the growth following can be beyond us.

praying for you and your fam!

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Aaron Johnson said...

glad to hear the little one(s) are doing good

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Bro. Matt said...

We'll be praying for you down here. Let us know if there is anything else we can do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home