a g Jason's Jargon: Happy Birthday

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Happy Birthday

Today is October 17, 2006. If my dad were still alive, he would be 65 years old. It was August 15, 1999, when my dad passed from this life to the next. I am very grateful to God for him. He wasn't always the best role model, but he sure knew how to love his kids. I am thankful to have known him, and thankful to call him, "Daddy."

I look forward to the time when I will get to see him again. Heaven gets sweeter and sweeter as the days go bye.

3 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Blogger Bro. Matt said...

Jason,

I know you miss your dad and will be glad to see him one day. I guess I'm not as thankful as I should be about still having my dad. Thanks for your thoughts and helping me to appreciate my dad a little bit more!

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Sheff said...

Hey Matt,
Thanks for the note. I know you. You do a good job.

Do me a favor though. Take your dad out for dinner one night and just talk to him about his life, let him tell you about the old times.

Ask his opinion about ministry, and about some decisions you need to make as a father, husband, and leader.

And when you do it, think of me.

Please know that this is not a pity party for me. Just thought it would be another excuse for you to go out to eat, plus, visit with your dad one on one. God Bless. :)

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger Bro. Matt said...

Thanks for the advice man. I will definitely do that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home