a g Jason's Jargon: My Ford Exploder...I Mean Explorer

Monday, November 06, 2006

My Ford Exploder...I Mean Explorer


I bought a 2002 Ford Explorer in January, 2002. It was a Program Vehicle with 27,000 miles. Kristie warned me that night not to purchase it, but I just had to have it. I knew we were about to be on one of the greatest adventures (deputation for church planting) in our lifetime, so I rushed into the deal and have regretted it ever since. Since January 02, we have had our Explorer in the shop approximately forty times (no exaggerations).


Tonight, Dan, Kevin, Manny, Ouss and I decided to work on the Exploder. We were going to make a couple of simple routine changes. "No problem," we thought.


Problem number 1: We couldn't loosen the bolt on the Transmission Pan.


Problem number 2: Advance Auto didn't have a 16 bolt Transmission Filter.


Problem number 3: When we finally took the pan off and drained the fluid, there was no dip stick to add the new fluid. What a nightmare! What goofy person would design a Transmission with no place to check the fluid level or add new fluid (that is from under the hood). End rant here! It made all of us want to #@$%, but we didn't! Instead, we read the entire book of 2 Thessalonians (okay, there is only three chapters).


All and all, we had a wonderful time of male bonding. Thanks fellas for changing my oil and for helping me with the Transmission. You guys are the best!

5 Comments:

At 7:54 AM, Blogger Russ said...

should've bought a chevy :)

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Jeff said...

ditto! ( I actually own a Ford, but by golly, I will have a Chevy one day!)

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Aaron Johnson said...

I too use to be a Ford love but now I have a chevy and will not go back.

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger yohoster said...

male bonding!!! there is nothing better. ..

 
At 2:36 AM, Blogger Russ said...

Jason, I am sorry I started this Chevy firestorm on your blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home