a g Jason's Jargon: This One's For Mom

Thursday, November 02, 2006

This One's For Mom

My mother (my sister, Lorri in the photo above) is an amazing woman. I thank God for her influence on my life. Growing up in Southwestern Ohio (New Miami-Home of the Vikings), I understood the blue collar life and hillbillies. As a matter of fact, Hamilton's nickname is Hamil-tucky, because most of the people in Southwest Ohio are originally from Kentucky.

My mother moved to the Cincinnati area when she was 18 years old. She lost her mother at the age of 10, and her dad at the age of 33. During her life she has cleaned houses, raised kids, worked in department stores, and ended her career with Champion International Paper Company.


I do not praise her enough for all of the sacrifices that she made (makes) for me in my life. She has done without, so that me and my siblings would have nice clothes, cars, money etc. I truly appreciate her sacrifice. I am thankful that she taught us about Jesus. As a kid, I remember singing old hymns with mom and praying for her when she was sick. I remember laying my hands on her head, saying, "Jesus, thank you for mommy's headache." I am sure she appreciated the thought, but not the headache. :) Or on second thought, I may have been the cause of the headache.


The main reason I am writing about my mother is for all my readers to place her on your prayer list. In 2002, mom had a quadruple by-pass, and now, the Doctors have found some more blockage in the front of her heart. Tomorrow, she will be going in for an Angiogram. So, please lift her up!


Mom, I love you so much. Thank you for being my mother and friend. Thank you for all of the sacrifices which you have made. I am honored to be your son!

2 Comments:

At 4:56 PM, Blogger Aaron Johnson said...

I am praying for your mom!

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Russ said...

We'll be praying for our favorite mamaw from Ohio.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home