a g Jason's Jargon: My Story

Monday, January 01, 2007

My Story

Mark Batterson inspired me to print out my 2006 Blog entries. After about an hour's worth of printing, I had 144 pages of entries, compared to Mark's 400.

Back in the Spring of 2006, I became intrigued by the concept of blogging after reading a fellow pastor's blog. I loved his stories, authenticity, and love for Christ. So, I thought I would begin my journey in the blogosphere. I am thankful to be a part of the blog world. I feel so inadequate (when it comes to writing), because (as Napoleon Dynamite would say) "I don't have any skills." =)

Taking a look at these entries, I am reminded that my life is telling a story. In Acts 3:19 the Bible says, "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord" I love this verse for several reasons, but the main reason I love this verse is because of the words "blotted out". In Bible days, ink did not have acid in it. So, when people wrote on the parchments, it could easily be wiped away so that they could start afresh.

Here's the application: When we repent of our sins, God gives us a new page. We have a fresh start on life. I am thankful for God's forgiveness in my life. I pray that as people read my story that somewhere they would get a glimpse of Christ. God Bless you all, and Happy New Year!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:35 PM, Blogger Kevin Higgins said...

Great idea about printing your blogs. I'll have to work on that.

Last night during our testimonial service your thoughts seemed to be the prominent theme. With a new year, and with each new day comes a new opportunity to experience God - and thankfully His amazing grace!

Love you Bro...God has used you more than you know to challenge me.

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Mike Prince said...

Jason,
You are doing a wonderful job telling your story. Its wonder is found in the fact you are really re-telling His story in the setting of your life. Thank you for your faithfulness, your friendship, and your example.

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Sheff said...

Thanks a lot fellas. God Bless you!

One of the reasons I wanted to print out my entries is to recap the year, plus, it will be something my kids can look at when I am old and gray! =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home