a g Jason's Jargon: State Of The Church Address

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

State Of The Church Address

Thanks to the people of Wikipedia: The State of the Union Address is an annual event in which the President of the United States reports on the status of the country, normally to a joint session of the U.S. Congress (the House of Representatives and the Senate). The address is also used to outline the President's legislative proposals for the upcoming year. It has occurred in January except for six occasions in February since 1934. The 2006 address took place on January 31.

This coming Sunday I have entitled my message: The State of the Church Address. I want to report on the status of StoneBridge and give a brief overview of where we are going in 2007. It is my prayer that God would direct my thoughts this week as I prepare for this message and try to relay to our people the vision God has given to our church. We have had a great year. God has blessed our numbers. We have averaged in the fifties and sixties since July, and have been breaking monthly financial averages. God is good!


One thing I envision for 2007 is for our church to make more and better disciples. I am burdened about the number of people who have not been baptized and discipled through our efforts at StoneBridge. I believe we have done a decent job of getting people to come and see, but making disciples has been a weak point for us. I pray for God to multiply our Small Groups, LTGs, and Baptisms. I have even been thinking about the possibility of starting another service in August 2007. With these dreams comes laborers. We will need our people to take more responsibility in 2007. They are awesome people, and I know they are up for the challenge.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home