a g Jason's Jargon: When Time Management Doesn't Work

Thursday, May 11, 2006

When Time Management Doesn't Work

Thursdays are usually a day of sermon preparation, but today was not one of those days. I got up this morning, took my morning shower, made breakfast, then made my way down stairs for a two hour CityReach Conference Call Meeting. The meeting went really well and we talked about a lot of things that still need to be ironed out, but I am so far from where I want to be on my sermon prep time it's pitiful. Don't you just hate it when your time is not being used the way you think it should be used? I know I do. There are so many days where I have good intentions, but just don't get it done. I am in desparate need of a Time Management Makeover. I try to work really hard, but sometimes look back on my day and say, "What in the world did I do with my time today?"

I was talking to Kristie the other day about having a desire to attend a Time Management Conference. I believe Franklin Covey holds a conference on a monthly basis around the country. I know that if I attended one of these conferences it would only help me as a leader to learn to say, "NO," and learn to Manage my time by prioritizing my day. I have all of the tools to accomplish Time Management, but it is the busyness of the day that manages me. The tyrany of nothingness that ruins my day.

Lord, here I am, a man who desparately needs your help with time management, Biblical wisdom and the tools to make application to every message that I preach.

Several statements were made at the Buzz Conference. First, "Sixty-nine percent of Jesus' teaching was application." Second, Ed Young said, "Information without Application is an Abomination." I totally agree.

1 Comments:

At 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home