a g Jason's Jargon: Having Kids Changes Everything

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Having Kids Changes Everything

I am sure many of you have heard Johnson and Johnson's advertising campaign slogan, "Having a Baby changes everything." I can definitely concur!

Yesterday, about 1:45 p.m., we got in the car and headed for the state of Ohio. After many stops, we finally arrived in Hamilton about 11:00 p.m. The kids were absolutely worn out, along with two weary parents. Note: This is usually a 5 1/2 to 6 hour trip.

I am very thankful to God for my two special blessings (Josiah and Jaden), but they definitely try my patience. This morning, Josiah woke up at 5:00 a.m. He and Mamaw were having a great time together. He was so wound up!

I thought that I would share with you several things I try to do when the kids wig me out! Here are several tips which I have learned concerning discipline.
  • Take a deep breath.

  • Count to ten.

  • Apply Proverbs 29:15, when necessary.

  • Remove Privileges.

  • Place child in a "Naughty Corner."

  • Be Consistent (Say what you mean, and mean what you say.)

  • Always explain what you are doing, and why you are doing it.

  • Always discipline in love.

  • Always give hugs and kisses after applying Proverbs 29:15.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:50 PM, Blogger Bro. Matt said...

Ditto to everything you said!

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Billy Howard said...

good stuff. Have a good Thanksgiving!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home