a g Jason's Jargon: See You Next Sunday

Monday, November 20, 2006

See You Next Sunday

I missed seeing everyone at StoneBridge yesterday. I enjoyed attending my home church in Overpeck, Ohio, but I guarantee you, there is no place like StoneBridge!

Russ, thanks for preaching God's Word. I am so thankful to work with a Staff of people that will get the job done, even when I am away. As a matter of fact, the local church does not depend on a pastor, it depends on a group of like-minded people who have gathered together to hear, and do the Word of God.

One part of the StoneBridge Vision is to meet the needs of this generation and the generations that follow. We do not want our church to grow and prosper for our benefit alone, but for our kids and grand-kids, as well.

We understand that none of this will take place without the aid of the Holy Spirit and the work of God's people. It is important that we never forget the reason we exist, The Great Commission! It is our duty and privilege to make more and better disciples of Jesus Christ.

I was listening to Nelson Searcy's Breaking the 65 Barrier the other day, when I heard something profound. He said, "Pastor, do you have a vision for your church?" He went on to say, "It's not necessarily the "thing" written on paper, but the benefits of the vision." In other words, when you cast your vision, are you telling people the "why" of the vision? God has not only placed a vision in your heart (but with that vision), He has placed the benefits of the vision.

Let's go get'em friends!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home