a g Jason's Jargon: Put Me In Coach

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Put Me In Coach

Last night after playing some round ball, I received opportunity to pray with three other men. It was refreshing!

One of the men (who attends StoneBridge) is a new Christian. God has been working in his life for the past several months. In his prayer last night, he related life to playing Basketball. It was an awesome prayer! He started out by saying, "Dear God, you know I'm not very good at this, but I want to try to make an analogy in my prayer." He continued, "Life is a lot like playing basketball. The first quarter, I didn't do to well. The second quarter, I did a little bit better, but I was still struggling. Now, it's half time, God, and you are the Coach. Help me to listen to your instructions, and help me run the plays which You have designed for me. I hope I can have a better 3rd and 4th Quarter. In Jesus name I pray, Amen."


When I think about that prayer, I am stand amazed at what God can do with people. You know, I have had some pretty rough quarters myself. It is only when I listen to my Coach (Jesus) that I have an outstanding game. It is my prayer that we will all finish strong. Whatever struggles you may be facing, Coach has the answers.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home