a g Jason's Jargon: Exciting Things For 2007

Friday, December 22, 2006

Exciting Things For 2007

This week I have been working on personal goals, church goals, and my sermon series for the up-coming year. I am excited!

I have encouraged Russell and David to write some personal and church goals for 2007, as well. I am looking forward to seeing God bring our thoughts together as we strive to reach this city for Christ.


Morgantown continues to be an exciting city to live in. Since 2003, we have seen exponential growth. We have been placed here "for such a time as this."


Our Vision verse for StoneBridge has been 1 Thessalonians 1:8, "For from you sounded out the word of the Lord not only in Macedonia and Achaia, but also in every place your faith to God-ward is spread abroad; so that we need not to speak any thing."


It is our desire that StoneBridge Baptist Church sounds out the Word of the Lord not only in Morgantown, and the I-79 Corridor, but also in every place where people need to hear the Word of God.


One of the things I would like to see accomplished in 2007 is our Small Groups Ministry to multiply from 5 to 8. To accomplish this goal we will need more leaders to emerge and more people to open their homes to host these groups. I have the utmost confidence in our people, in God, and our vision to accomplish this goal. It is one thing to have dreams, it is another to see your dreams come to fruition.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:03 PM, Blogger Billy Howard said...

I just happened to see your question about "lol. Heche le ganas"...

lol= hahaha... I almost fell on the floor laughing about everything I read in the comments concerning that video. Especially the mis-understanding concerning the motive of the post.

Heche le ganas- could be translated "get-r-done" or as an exciting encouraging yell meaning, "let's go baby!!!!" its about time we step up to the plate and reach people for Christ. Churches need to quit being the 1950, come and get it if you want it (wagon without wheels) in the name of Jesus, and step into the future. Sorry to unload in the wrong comment box.

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Kevin Higgins said...

Great thoughts Jason - I know exciting things are going to continue happening in Morgantown. Keep daring to do great things for God! We're praying for the StoneBridge team in Denison.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home