a g Jason's Jargon: After One Week Of Going Deep

Thursday, January 11, 2007

After One Week Of Going Deep

Last Sunday, I preached about the Biblical Basis of Baptism. I truly felt like the message flowed, and the people were engaged in what I was saying. I talked about the need for people who have accepted Christ as their Savior to follow Christ in baptism.

This past year we had two baptisms. Although, we rejoice in the two precious people that were saved and baptized, I am disappointed that our church did not baptize more people.


One of the reasons we did not baptize more people is because Russell and I did not address the people enough about this important doctrine. Now, we know that baptism doesn't save anyone, but what we do know is that it is very important if we want to grow in our relationship with Christ and the discipleship process! Not only that, but it is a prerequisite to church membership.


In the Bible, baptism was always done by immersion, and it always happened after a faith decision. I am excited that one person responded to the call to be baptized. On January 28, 2007, Diane will follow Christ in baptism!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Blogger yohoster said...

Way to go Diane! God bless you...

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Billy Howard said...

Awesome! Baptism is a command. I love to think of those words, "this is my beloved child with whom I am well pleased."

 
At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen! That fires me up, can't wait for the 28th!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home