a g Jason's Jargon: Reason One For Not Going To Texas

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Reason One For Not Going To Texas

Last night, Russell and I got the opportunity to preach the gospel on the campus of West Virginia University. There were probably fifty people present to honor the life of Jason Simmons. I never had the opportunity to meet Jason, but according to a host of friends, he truly made an impact on a lot of people. It was a privilege to be a part of a candle light service to honor Jason's life.

I told those gathered last night many times we wonder why bad things happen to good people. The answer is not so simple, but what I told them was that God understands the future when we can not understand. He knows our pain, our hurts, and our sufferings. The only way we can find hope in the midst of our grief is to turn to Jesus Christ. I read John 14:1-6, Romans 8:18, and 1Thessalonians 4:13-18.

I am thankful for God allowing me this opportunity to minister to the people of Morgantown!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home