a g Jason's Jargon: Awkward Situations

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Awkward Situations

Student Life puts out a video for teenagers called "Awkward Situations." I love it. They have different scenes where a guy ask another girl out and it ends up being an awkward situation...and the jingle goes "AwK WARD SiTuAtions, what would you do?"

There are many times throughout Morgantown that I run into people who previously went to our church. Talk about an Awkward Situation. I'm thinking, "So, what do I say to these folks who left our church for no apparent reason?" Do you ask about their church life? Do you just be yourself (which I honestly try to do)? or do you just act like you didn't see them so they won't feel awkward either?

Most of the time, they have this look on their face like, "Oh, crap, there's Jason." I bet he's going to ask me about my church life. Today, was one of those days. I ran into some people who attended our church in the past. At first it was an awkward situation, but after the conversation began, I tried to make them feel comfortable. I didn't ask them about church or any spiritual questions. I simply tried to be myself and just let them know it was genuinely good to see them. I think for most of us (Christians), we try to hard. We need to learn to just relax, be ourself and allow the Holy Spirit to simply use our life as an example of His wonderful love and grace.

2 Comments:

At 11:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

 
At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home