a g Jason's Jargon: The Boldness of John the Baptist

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The Boldness of John the Baptist

This morning in my devotional reading I couldn't help but think of the boldness of John the Baptist. In Mark 6, we find John rebuking Herod for his marriage to Herodias. Herodias was married to Philip (Herod's brother) but Herod took her as his wife. In Mark 6:18, John rebuked Herod. Take a look, "18 Because John had said to Herod, "It is not lawful for you to have your brother's wife." This comment cost John his life. Selah (think about this for a moment). John was willing to stand against the wickedness of humanity for the sake of the call.

Now, fast forward to 2006. The question is, "Are we willing to lose our lives for the sake of the call?" Honestly, I feel like such a coward. There are times when I won't even share my faith with others for fear of rejection. Come on!!! What is wrong with us? If we are going to see a revolution in America, we must step out and be strong and courageous.

My prayer for today is for God to help me to be bold. Help me share my faith with love, compassion, and boldness. I pray for God to give me the right answers to the difficult questions. I want to be used in God's service. I want to stand as my forefathers have stood. God, please grant me the strength to continue this wonderful fight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home