a g Jason's Jargon: The Secret to Satisfaction

Saturday, June 03, 2006

The Secret to Satisfaction

Looking over the points for my message tomorrow has provoked me to think about true satisfaction.

Tomorrow, I begin a new series on the 23rd Psalm. Psalm 23:1, "The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want."

The late Adrian Rogers said, "It has been quoted in the nursery, on the battlefield, and at weddings and funerals. It is sweet to the little child and perplexing to a scholar."

Another expositor said, "The Word of God is deep enough for the scholars to swim in without ever touching bottom, and yet shallow enough for a little child to come and drink without fear of drowning."

The only way we can truly say "I shall not want", is when we can say "The LORD is my shepherd".

When will we ever get to the point in our lives when we can say as the Apostle Paul said in Philippians 4..."I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances..."?

May God richly bless each of you as you prepare for the worship gathering at your local church.

5 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bro. Jason,
How have you been doing? I've not heard from you in a while, nor have I received anymore of you reports. I hear about you occasionally from Kevin Higgins, but I often wonder about you. I like your blogs. Some are a blessing to me, and others are just cool to read. Keep in touch brother.....Ya'll are in my prayers still. Ronnie Mutina

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Sheff said...

So good hearing from you. Thanks for the comment. I'm not sure why you haven't received our reports. Send me an email with your address and I'll make sure I let our Secretary know you desire a report. God Bless you Ronnie.

 
At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

 
At 5:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

 
At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home