a g Jason's Jargon: On The Road Again

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

On The Road Again

I am about to travel to Mercer, PA for a day out with the Bates' family. Scott Bates and his family moved from Prattsville, Arkansas back in January, 2006 to pastor Mercer Baptist Church. I have been coaching Scott for the past couple of months through Reach America.

Hanging out with other pastors and church planters is a blast. I love their encouragement, their zeal for the Lord, and their desire to grow Biblically based, culturally relevant churches for God's renown.

One of the things I miss about living in Texas is hanging out with older pastors. Older pastors have a great wealth of information, they listen more than they talk (for the most part), and they encourage young pastors like myself to keep fighting. I miss seeing Bro. Darrel Owens, the late O. H. Griffith, and the list goes on and on. I thank God for these men. They have impacted my life. My prayer is that I will be an encourager to the people that I minister to, as well as the pastors and church planters that I come in contact with in my life.

1 Comments:

At 11:12 PM, Blogger Bro. Matt said...

Jason,

Glad to hear you're doing good up there in that "Yankee Land." I am trying to soak up all that information you are missing. I'm sure Bro. Owens is tired of me asking questions by now. Oh by the way, you can go to my blog and see some new info. Talk to you later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home