a g Jason's Jargon: Divine Appointment

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Divine Appointment


Today I got the opportunity to tour the new Residential Hall on the campus of WVU with Russell and David. It was truly awesome. I am excited about the possibilities of building relationships with these students.

Sven and Lisa V. invited Russell and me to be Assistant Board Members in this new Residential Hall. We are very excited to be a testimony of the greatness of Christ with both our words and actions. We are not supposed to openly share Christ, but hopefully they will know who we are by our love for one another. Hmm, I think Jesus said something about that.

After touring the building we made our way back to Panera Bread (by foot, because traffic was so horrendous), but before we got there I took the opportunity to talk with John W. about his relationship with Christ. After about a 20 minute conversation and several verses later John prayed to receive Christ as his Savior. It was awesome. After he prayed I asked him how he felt, he said it felt good!!! Praise God! I know when I prayed to receive Christ there was such a relief within my spirit. I felt so clean and free. Please pray for John. He is from Pennsylvania and has experienced some loneliness since school has started. I am supposed to start an LTG (Life Transformation Group) with him on Thursday. God is good.

7 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Blogger Midwest Razorback said...

Praise God, brother!
Jason, how do you develop a relationship and steer it in the direction of the gospel? How do you get from "Hi, nice to meet you..." to "The wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord..."

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Aaron Johnson said...

To add to what Noah was saying, Jasan you da man when it comes to steering the convo in the right direction. I need to learn to do it more effectively. I praise God for divine appointments. It is my prayer that we will not miss them!

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Russ said...

aaron, I have now added "convo" to my vocabulary.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Aaron Johnson said...

Just trying to keep you up with the latest

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Sheff said...

Yesterday's convo (thanks for the word Aaron, haha) was real simple. He actually started the conversation.

John: Are you guys from around here?
Us: Yes
John: Could you tell me where I could find a Printer Cable for my printer?
Russell: Radio Shack
John: Ok, thanks.
Jason: So, how do you like your first couple of days at WVU?
John: It's ok.
Jason: Has it been a little lonely for you?
John: Yes
Jason: Where are you from?
John: North of Pittsburgh.
Jason: Did you attend church in PA?
John: Yes, I went to a Presbyterian Church (trying to place his IPod Earphones back in his ears).
Jason: I had another question for you.
John: Yea.
Jason: Do you believe that if you were to die you'd go to heaven?
John: I hope so.
Jason: Wouldn't you like to know for sure (I John 5:13).
John: Yes.
Jason: Opening my handy dandy Pocket NT to Romans 3:10. John, would you read this verse (Share Jesus without Fear).
John: Sure.
Jason: What does that mean to you?
John: We have to earn our way to heaven.
Jason: Read it again.
John: That we all make mistakes.
Jason: Do you understand what sin is?
John: well....
Jason: Take them to the 10 Commandments (Way of the Maker).
John: I am a liar, thief, adulterer, etc.
Jason: So am I.
Jason: Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23, Romans 5:8, Romans 10:9-10.
Jason: Do you believe that Jesus Christ is Lord?
John: Yes.
Jason: Would you like to pray to receive Christ?
John: Yes.

The Prayer. John's name has been written in the Lamb's book of Life.

After he prayed, I shared with him the importance of baptism, small groups, church and LTG's. This Thursday, I will be starting an LTG with him. Pray that he will attend. I got his phone number and name, so at least I can stay in touch with him.

Sorry this is so long, but it was the only way I knew how to show you how I close the door. God Bless us all. We've got to remember that Paul planted, Apollos watered, but it is God who gives the increase. I was just blessed to see God give the increase. Thanks for asking guys. I appreciate you!!!

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Midwest Razorback said...

Jason, that is awesome. My biggest problem is turning a converstion toward the Gospel. I usually think of openings a day late. I am also intimidated when it seems the person doesn't want to listen (like when he puts his ear buds back in). I know, I'm a big fat chicken, but I bet I'm not the only one.

Anyway, encouraging and challenging.

I was reading a blog by a baptist pastor in the Cayman Islands. Good stuff. http://purechurch.blogspot.com/2006/08/ update-on-pastors-evangelism.html

NDL

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger Sheff said...

John called late Wednesday night cancelling our LTG Meeting. I have called him two times since Wednesday, and he still has not returned my call. Let's pray for God to work on his life. Thanks Fellas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home