a g Jason's Jargon: Quick Quip

Monday, August 14, 2006

Quick Quip


Why do you pray?

Chris Livengood from Frederick, Maryland was visiting with us over the weekend. We had a good time of fellowship with him and look forward to seeing what God is going to do in the future with Chris.

As we were closing out our Yard Sale, Chris and I were sitting under my Bradford Pear Tree, Chris asked, "Jason, why do you pray?" I thought, "Man, I have to put on my holy "thinking" cap." I said, "I pray (just to make it today, I say I pray...Just kidding...I thought I'd break out the MC Hammer) because of my relationship with Christ, because there are people in need, and because I am supposed to." He said, "I PRAY FOR RESULTS."

Man, that is powerful. If we are not praying for results, why do we pray? We pray so that God can move mountains. When I pray I want to be reminded of his answer. Pray for results. Pray for God to do something BIG!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home