a g Jason's Jargon: Thoughts from 2002

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Thoughts from 2002

I was rummaging through one of my books last night and ran across a paper with my thoughts (from 2002) concerning the need for a new church in Morgantown, West Virginia.

Here they are:

What difference will a new church make in Morgantown?

  • People's lives will be changed.
  • Crime will be decreased.
  • Fellowship with new believers will occur.
  • College students will have an opportunity to worship and serve while attending WVU.
  • People who surrender to the ministry will not have to leave the state to attend Seminary (future training for people who announce their call to the ministry).
  • Regional churches will be planted (I-79 Corridor).
  • God will be glorified with another church being planted.
  • An ABA church will be represented in the city of Morgantown.
  • A new church will give people a reason for existing.

Why should I attempt church planting?

  • Because it is a calling from God and must be acted upon.
  • Because new churches please God.
  • Because new churches are the fastest growing churches.
  • Because unchurched people are more likely to come to a new church plant than an old established church.
  • Because people in Morgantown need Jesus.
  • Because people need another sound church, teaching and preaching the doctrines of Jesus Christ.
  • Because others (the Knights) are willing to team with my family to accomplish the task.
  • Because others are already supporting us and we haven't even announced our call to plant in Morgantown.
  • Because others receive a blessing by supporting church planters.
  • Because families will be strengthened.
  • Because young people will feel welcomed, accepted and important.

Why should I do this now?

  • Because people are dying without Jesus.
  • Because life is too short not to do something big.
  • Because the desire is there.
  • Because I feel worthless here.
  • Because I am ready to lead a church.
  • Because God is working.
  • Because the students (in my youth group) seem to be doing good.
  • Because another man can fill the gap where I leave off.
  • Because they (the church where I served) can call another man to step into the position of youth pastor.
  • Because there are people waiting (in Morgantown) for us to plant a new church.

3 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Blogger Russ said...

many of these objectives are being realized. thanks for sharing thoughts from the past.

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Bro. Matt said...

Jason, I am so glad that so much has been accomplished in Morgantown. Keep up the good work and know that we are behind you!

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Sheff said...

Matt, I've been keeping up with your blog, sounds like things are going good at Ebenezer. BTW, I love your church logo. It's awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home