a g Jason's Jargon: Remembering To Appreciate

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Remembering To Appreciate

This morning I was browsing the blogosphere when I was reminded by another church planter's blog about the need to appreciate the people that are in our churches. My first initial thoughts were, "I used to do this every week when I was a youth pastor, why am I not doing it now." So, I broke out the postcards, and the pen and began writing. After I was finished I had written twenty postcards.

This was therapeutic for my soul.

I thank God for all of the workers and laborers in our church and pray for God to send more leaders and laborers who are willing to come down from the stands and on to the playing fields.

BTW, when was the last time you accentuated the positives about your people instead of always looking at the negatives? Listen, we all have some negative in us, but it would be to our best interest to encourage people to a greater faith in the Lord and to service in the local church.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home