a g Jason's Jargon: Telemarketers

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Telemarketers

Thank God for Caller ID, right? Well, this is what I think most of the time.

Today, I had the opportunity to talk with a lady from British Columbia, Canada about her relationship with the Lord. After about a 30 minute conversation I had thoroughly shared the gospel of Jesus Christ with her. I could tell that this was the very first time that she had heard the Good News. Yes, she had heard of sin...Christ...Heaven and Hell, but this was the first time that she truly understood that she needed to accept Christ as her Savior in order to spend eternity in heaven.

I am sad to say that she did not accept Christ, but did promise to read the Bible (if I would buy her one). So, I will be purchasing her a new Bible so that God can use His Word, convict her of sin, and become a Christ Follower. Please pray for Angie!!! My hearts desire and prayer for her is that she would become a believer.

1 Comments:

At 9:03 PM, Blogger Kevin Higgins said...

I don't know if you had this girl on the phone or not, but from time to time I love to talk to telemarketers about Christ. A friend of mine turned me on to this.

They're always calling with some great offer or freebee. He would tell them, "Look, I've got an even better offer for you. Let me tell you about Jesus Christ."

I'm not always in the right frame of mind, and unfortunately my motives aren't always what they ought to be, but what a great opportunity to tell a complete stranger about Jesus.

Thanks for planting the seed in Angie's life. We'll pray for her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home