a g Jason's Jargon: Breaking Attendance Barriers

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Breaking Attendance Barriers

I found an interesting article by Nelson Searcy with lots of good resources. For the past couple of months Russell and I have been talking about attendance barriers. Our church has hit the 65 mark a few times, and we were wondering what it takes to get over the hump. I learned through this article that the question is not, "How do we grow beyond 65?" The question should be, "What is keeping us from growing beyond 65?" So, it's not the "How", but the "What" that we must ask ourselves.

Searcy claims that the attendance barriers are 65, 125, 250, 500, and 1000. So far, the 65 barrier has been true for StoneBridge.

5 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, Blogger Bro. Matt said...

Hey Jason,

I'm not sure how we fit into the mix, but we never had the 65 barrier. We are around the 85-95 barrier. We have had as many as 103, but the average is not that high. I'm not sure what is causing the barriers, but it is an interesting phenomenon.

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Sheff said...

If you follow the link, you'll find some information about breaking barriers.

This morning, I purchased the CD on the 65 Barrier, and the Assimilation process CD from this site. I hope it will help.

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Scott Bates said...

Sheff,

Let me know what you think of the materials...sounds like good stuff. Have a great weekend, brother.

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Bro. Matt said...

I'm sure it will at least give you some new ideas. I hope you break 165!!!

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Sheff said...

Amen!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home