a g Jason's Jargon: Interesting Quote

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Interesting Quote

"Competition produces new ideas."

I was watching Decision Makers on WBOY 12 yesterday when I heard this quote from a political analyst. I didn't catch his name, but I thought it was an interesting quote.

If you haven't noticed, it's election time. Many incumbents are battling with their opponents to remain in office. They are doing everything they can to win the political race. As Christ Followers, we are in an entirely different race. We are battling the enemy everyday. Our race is not with flesh and blood, but with our spiritual adversary, the devil.

I have heard Mark Batterson (a pastor in D.C.) say, "We are to compete for the Kingdom." I like that! We ought to be the most creative people on the Planet. We ought to be thinking of new ideas to reach people with the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Next Sunday, our church will be celebrating our 3rd Anniversary in Morgantown. We are offering our community an opportunity to visit with us in a non-threatening way. We invite them to church, then, after church they are invited to stay for lunch, a movie, free popcorn and drinks.

I am pumped about the opportunity to reach people in our current surroundings! We've got to continue to think outside the box. Remember, we are competing for the Kingdom!

2 Comments:

At 8:26 PM, Blogger Tim said...

Happy Anniversary, I wish I was able to make i there.

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Sheff said...

Thanks, Bro! Come on over. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home