a g Jason's Jargon: Daytona Beach, Florida

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Daytona Beach, Florida

First of all, I'm sorry for the double post, but wanted to blog just a bit about my time in Daytona Beach, Florida.

Monday: My family held up the flight to Orlando because of our tardiness, but God wanted us on that plane. On Southwest Airlines, God Saved Mark H. (a fifteen year old). Mark is from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. It was awesome! As we were landing in Orlando, Mark was praying to receive Christ as his personal Savior. After arriving in Orlando, we went to TGI Fridays with the Johnson's. Great food, Good times. When we finally arrived in Daytona, Kristie and I took the kids to the beach. The water was absolutely wonderful. Josiah and Jaden had a wonderful time. Monday night, I got the opportunity to report to the messengers of the ABA concerning the work in Morgantown.

Tuesday: First, I went to the Youth Meeting where David Story led the music. It was really good. Then, I made my way over to the Peabody for the Missionary Committee Meeting. I wasn't too pleased with that meeting, but what can I say, that's what the Messenger Meeting is all about. Each messenger has a right to state their beliefs and values. After the morning meeting, I took the family to Cracker Barrel and Target. We spent four hours indoors. I was a little frustrated. Here we are in a Beach Town, and I'm stuck inside all day. Again, that's what the Messenger Meeting is all about. Last night, I went to the Messenger Assembly. Roger Copeland glorified the Lord in a great way. His message was top shelf. It was definitely great to hear a message that had no agendas, but centered around glorifying JESUS CHRIST. The highlight of the night was spending time with old friends. God is good!!!

Wednesday: Well, that's today. I started the day out right. I got up at 6:08 am, jumped in the shower and made my way down to the coffee shop to pay a bill, blog, and read the Word. I am excited about what this day has in store. Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home