a g Jason's Jargon: Encouraging One Another...

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Encouraging One Another...

Do you ever have the urge to just call up an old friend, a missionary, church planter, or an old classmate from the past?

I do all of the time. I love it when God brings people to my mind to specifically pray for or call on the phone. Yesterday was one of those days when God brought a fellow church planter and friend to my mind to contact. So, I did. I talked with Pastor Scott. Scott lives in Texas and has been working in the same area planting a church for approximately five years. He is one of those guys who has a fire and zeal for the Lord. It's very contagious.

Scott, his wife, and three children were living in a home and paying $500.00 a month for rent when he was told by his sending church that they were going to close the doors of the church he was pastoring and stop his salary. What would you do? Would you quit? Would you pull out the resume from the file cabinet, or would you stick around? Scott chose to stick around because he believes that God called him to this place to establish a church in that particular area. The sending church allowed the work to keep the building, and the church continues to meet.

So, what is the point?

The point is Scott had to move from his home, buy a Travel Trailer (one bedroom), and is working at a fancy Italian Restaurant (Pizza Hut). I give this man PROPS!!!

I thank God for men who believe in the vision God birthed in their hearts. It is my desire to encourage this brother, to pray for this brother and let him know how much I love and appreciate him.

1 Comments:

At 5:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home