a g Jason's Jargon: Hanging Out With The Fam

Monday, July 10, 2006

Hanging Out With The Fam

Today has been one of those days where I simply haven't done much but hang out with the family. Every Monday (unless there is an emergency) I take the day off to be with my family. Today has been an especially good day because my mom and sister are visiting from Ohio.

Yesterday after church we ate at Wendy's then I went to Video World to pick up a few movies. I rented Walk the Line, Cheaper by the Dozen 2, and End of the Spear. So far, I have watched Walk the Line and End of the Spear. Both of these movies were really good. I could have done without some of the scenes in Walk the Line, but overall I thought it was a pretty good movie.

End of the Spear is an awesome movie about five guys who risked their lives for the sake of the gospel. As I watched this movie I was moved by the faith of these five men and wondered if my faith would be that strong. Would I be willing to risk my life to get the gospel to those who haven't heard? It is so hard for me to admit this, but I do not think that I would be willing to risk my life.

I truly believe this is one of main problems that we face. For the most part we enjoy our comfort zones and are not willing to risk it all for Christ. My prayer is for God to strengthen us, use us, and give us the faith that we need to do whatever task He sets before us.

Shalom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home