a g Jason's Jargon: Unfinished Sentences...Les Christie

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Unfinished Sentences...Les Christie

Tonight's blog is simply for fun. I broke out an old youth ministry book entitled Unfinished Sentences. The book was written by Les Christie. The idea of this book is to simply get people in your small groups talking. Here are a couple of examples, and at the end I will use one of these statements to finish my thoughts.

Here are three examples:
  1. #207, After I die I want people to remember me as...
  2. #312, The biggest help in my prayer life has been...
  3. #372, The thing I remember most about my first job was...

I will use comment #431 to finish my blog entry tonight:

#431, What has been most helpful to me in remembering people's names is to first of all say their name several times before we end our conversation. Then, I like to write the person's name in my notebook so that the next time I see them, I will be able to remember their name.

Remembering people's names is powerful. If you want to make a difference in a person's life, remember their name.

There is a guy in our church who has been attending for a little over a year. One of the main reasons he came to StoneBridge was because I remembered his name.

Remember this story the next time you are casually talking with someone. This person could be the next great church planter or evangelist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home