a g Jason's Jargon: Why Do We Do What We Do?

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Why Do We Do What We Do?


Why do we do what we do?

This morning I was reading the gospel according to Mark.

In Mark 1:38, Jesus informs his listeners of the reason He was on the earth. Mark 1:38, "38 But He said to them, "Let us go into the next towns, that I may preach there also, because for this purpose I have come forth."

Then again in Mark 2:17c, "I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance."

So, the answer to my question: We are here to reach people with the gospel of Jesus Christ. There is no greater calling on the planet. Many of us know this, so why is it that we are so caught up in our own agenda, instead of His agenda? Why is it that we are so worried about numbers, when ultimately, it is up to Christ to add to His churches?

I know, I know, we have to do our part. I totally agree. We have to plant seeds. We have to pray. Others have to water. This is hard work!!! But, who gives the increase: GOD.

May we never forget why we do what we do? And, may we never forget Who we are doing this for. JESUS CHRIST.

4 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Blogger David M. Coe said...

Jason,

If you can remember what you have just written in this post - 3, 5, 7 years into the future, you will save yourself a lot of grief, discouragment, and second guessing.

We preach, teach, witness, pray and let the Lord build the church.

The numbers 'game' is really a dangerous game to get caught up in.

May God bless you and may HE build Stonebridge Baptist as HE wills.

David (Bishop)

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Sheff said...

Thanks for those words of encouragement my friend. God Bless your ministry.

 
At 3:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

 
At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home