a g Jason's Jargon: Connecting Through Small Groups

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Connecting Through Small Groups

Tonight's gathering was amazing! I enjoyed gathering with my family, and all of my StoneBridge friends. We had a wonderful meal (Spaghetti, Salad, Garlic Bread and Desserts).

The most important reason for our gathering was to pray and study God's Word. We looked at Isaiah 55. Isaiah 55 begins with an invitation for people to "Come" to God. The wonderful thing about God's invitation is that it is extended to all people, the rich, the poor, the middle class...all people.


Another good thing about this invitation is that it is offered to you freely, but came with a high price.


I Peter 1:17-20, "17 And if you call on the Father, who without partiality judges according to each one's work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your stay here in fear; 18 knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot. 20 He indeed was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you 21 who through Him believe in God, who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God."


I've noticed that my entries (as of late) have been all relating to either the Mountaineers, Buckeyes, or something other than my relationship with Christ. I have had a good time writing about these things, but it is my relationship with Christ that is the most important thing in my life. I am thankful to God for His invitation to be a part of his Kingdom work. It is an honor and a privilege to be called a child of the King!


Thank you, Jesus!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 12:11 AM, Blogger Bro. Matt said...

Glad your meeting was a success. Keep up the good work.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Jeff said...

Glad to see you being more spiritual! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home