a g Jason's Jargon: Someone Brought A 12 Gauge Shotgun And An IPOD To Church!

Monday, December 11, 2006

Someone Brought A 12 Gauge Shotgun And An IPOD To Church!


Can you believe it? Someone brought a 12 Gauge Shotgun and an Ipod to our church yesterday!

David opened up the service by saying, "This is going to be a little different service than usual. Today, we want to honor our pastors." He continued, "Two years ago, I received a call from a guy with an East Texas accent who wanted me to transfer schools. I thought, who does this guy think he is! Well, it has been almost a year now since I moved from Fairmount, Indiana to Morgantown, West Virginia. We are all here today, because the Sheffstalls and the Knights were willing to move from Texas to West Virgina."


After David's comments, several people in our church stood up and graced us with kind words. I love this place! After everyone was finished speaking, they encouraged us to come forward to receive gifts. I received an IPOD (Yahoo, Yipee...hooray) and Russell received a 12 Gauge Shotgun.

It only gets better. Not only did they grace us with words, give gifts to men, but they gathered around us to pray.

I thank God for the privilege of pastoring this church! Thank you Lord for all of your blessings!!!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 11:33 PM, Blogger Bro. Matt said...

What a wonderful blessing to have people who love you and pray for you. I'm also glad you were able to get a neat "toy"!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home