a g Jason's Jargon: This Sunday

Friday, December 08, 2006

This Sunday

I'm looking forward to getting back in the saddle on Sunday. I will finish the Y Series with a message on Y-Church. Y Church will deal with the benefits of connecting with a local church. The Biblical text comes from Acts 2:41-47.

I can not speak for my readers, but I am thankful for the Lord's churches. When we connect to the local church, we are not just connecting to an organization, we are connecting to a family of like-minded believers who desire to sincerely worship the Lord and carry out His work!

Joining this family of believers is a privilege and honor. It is important for the leaders of the churches to challenge people to take their position in the family seriously. I have been listening to Nelson Searcy's seminar on Assimilation. One of the things he encouraged leaders to implement was the power of mobilization. He called it, "The Power of the Big Ask!" In other words, if we don't ask people to get involved in ministry, they probably will not.

I hope you all have a great Sunday!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:00 PM, Blogger Billy Howard said...

you hit the nail on the head!

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger David M. Coe said...

Sheff,

I never received those e-mail addresses.

Please send them to:
pastorcoe(AT)westco.net

Have a good day tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home