a g Jason's Jargon: A Day Out on the Golf Course

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

A Day Out on the Golf Course

I had a great time today hanging out with some fellas playing a round of golf. The weather was absolutely gorgeous.

There are several things that I should have been doing(sermon building for Sunday, Sermon building for a youth camp in July and finishing up the last couple of items for CityReach) but since the golf was free, I thought I'd better take advantage of this opportunity. One of the guys that I played with has been investigating Christianity. He is a great guy. He is a great dad. He is a great person. But, as far as I know, He still has not committed his life to the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation. My heart's desire and prayer to God for ___________ is that he might be saved.

Lately, I have been thinking a lot about what my mission has been for Christ. Do I really have compassion for the lost? Am I sharing my faith with those around me? Am I being a testimony of the greatness of Christ with both my words and actions? These are questions which have been tormenting me lately. Man, I want to be so much for Christ, but my flesh seems to pull me down. I thank God for sending godly men to encourage me. The other night, I was talking to a former pastor of mine who truly encouraged me. He said, "Growth is not always a sign of success." My fleshly thoughts were, "Yea, but it sure does help." Haha. I guess it all goes back to the question: Am I doing this for Jesus or Jason? Jesus is definitely my answer, but in the middle of the response is that little inside voice screaming..."You are doing this for Jason."

May God help all of us to crucify our flesh on a daily basis so that we can truly do this for JESUS.

I can hear the roar of the heroes which have gone on before us, saying, "I'm on your team!!! You can do it!!!"

1 Comments:

At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home