a g Jason's Jargon: Good Family, Good Friends, Good Times

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Good Family, Good Friends, Good Times

There are two good things about coming home: Family & Friends

As I reflect on this thought, I am so very thankful to have such wonderful people in my life. I am the person that I am today, because of the love and support that I have received from the good folks of Southwestern Ohio.

Tonight, after visiting with my mother at the hospital we came back to my brother's house to eat Richard's Steak Sandwiches and Pizza. There is no other place in the world (to my knowledge) where you can get a delicious Steak Sandwich. Let me describe it for you: A toasted buttered bun, a slab of Angus steak (Subway style), with Pizza Sauce, mozzarella Cheese, pickles and onions. Hmm, Hmm good.

Ok, so now that I have told you a little bit about Southwestern Ohio Culture let me get back to my original post. I love visiting with my family and friends. It is always filled with "good times."

Tonight, two childhood friends and their kids visited with us. We reminisced about old times, while our kids ran around like chickens with their heads cut off. First, there is Marty Mar. Marty Mar is the reason I know Jesus Christ as my personal Savior. His mom and dad were my spiritual parents in the Lord. Then, there is Mac. Mac and I have been friends for a long time. We played sports together for years. In High School, his home was my home away from home. Several years ago I was able to lead Mac's wife to saving faith in Christ. It was an awesome night!!!

I can proudly say that these two young men are still serving the Lord. I am thankful that they are leading their families on the spiritual journey. Thinking of all of this, I ask the question: Isn't it amazing what God can do when we are totally surrendered to Him?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home