a g Jason's Jargon: Stuck in Smallville

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Stuck in Smallville

Disclaimer: I have nothing against small towns (except no access to a coffee shop with Wi-Fi)

This morning I woke up thinking that I would be able to get some work done in a little coffee shop or something with a Wi-Fi connection, but that didn't work. I am in Ohio staying with my brother while my mom is in the hospital.

I traveled around town trying to locate the perfect (Panera Bread) place to get some work done, but to no avail. So, after a 20 oz. Diet Pepsi, a half coffee/half cappuccino, and a trip to pay respects to my dad's place of burial I am back at my brother's house blogging.

Mom said she had a rough night last night. She woke up around 5 a.m. this morning coughing her lungs out. Dr. Sternburg (the lung Dr.) will be doing a procedure on her tomorrow morning to scrape her lungs.

My plans are to let the kids finish their naps and then head to the hospital. My brother is taking a half day today so that we can go through some of mom's stuff. We are trying to get her house cleaned up so that we can get her house sold. After my dad died in 99' mom has been living in a house that is simply too big. Maybe after cleaning the house we will be able to find mom an apartment. Only time will tell.

1 Comments:

At 1:45 PM, Blogger Russ said...

hang in there...we're still praying.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home