a g Jason's Jargon: PROJECT 80

Monday, August 21, 2006

PROJECT 80

Project 80 is a goal that we have set for the 2006 year. It is the goal of our church to have 80 people attend our services at least four times out of 52 Sundays. This coming Sunday we are shooting for 80 again. The last time Project 80 occurred we had 99 people present. We are hoping this Sunday will be another great attendance day for our people. Several of our people (if not all) are actively sharing their faith, and are inviting their unchurched friends to check us out. It is really exciting.

I was thinking about the impact a friend can make on our spiritual lives. When I was twelve years old, Johnny Martin invited me to church. I can still remember the day that he asked me to attend Calvary Missionary Baptist Church. I was excited to do anything with Johnny, Stevie Turner, Ryan Broughton, Brian Johnson (and the rest of the crew, they were my boys). So, where ever they were going was where I wanted to go. I am so thankful for that invite because I continued attending this church and eventually gave my life to Jesus Christ.

It was sometime in September of 85' when I accepted Christ. Then, a few weeks later I was baptized. In September, I will be celebrating my 21st spiritual birthday. I have been serving the Lord as a pastor for the past 13 1/2 years. It is amazing to me that God used this friend's invitation to church so that I could hear a clear presentation of the gospel and be saved. You never know whose life will be changed when you simply invite them to a gospel preaching church. Who knows they may end up planting a new church!!!

(Picture to the Right: Me, Chris McIntyre, Johnny Martin and my brother, Jim)

1 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, Blogger Sheff said...

Thanks for releasing me to do ministry. You always said, "God loaned you three kids to me." I love you, mom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home